Francis (Frank) Rondoni is a Partner and Shareholder at Chestnut Cambronne PA. Frank has been a trial attorney and litigator for more than 35 years, with a diverse practice. He concentrates his practice in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Estate Litigation, Class Action Litigation, Tort Litigation, Personal Injury, Business Representation, and Governmental Representation. Frank’s Civil Trial work represents about 90% of his time.
Frank has also been a Criminal Prosecutor for more than 28 years.
Frank is a frequent lecturer on topics such as Trial Tactics, Evidence, Emerging Case Law, and Estate Litigation. Frank sits on the Hennepin County Criminal Justice Task Force (CJTF). He is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Hennepin County Bar Association, and is the current President of the Suburban Hennepin County Prosecutors Association (SHCPA). Frank is an Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, has an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell, and has been named a Minnesota Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine.
Frank is involved with a number of non-profit organizations including being a past member of the Parish Counsel and past Chair of the Capital Campaign for Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in Medina, Minnesota. He is currently a member of the Finance Committee at Holy Name Church and is a former Treasurer and Member of the Board of Directors for Benilde St. Margaret High School. Frank has received both the Volunteer Service Award and the Red Knight Honor Award from Benilde St. Margaret High School. Frank has most recently been appointed as a Trustee for Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in Medina, Minnesota by the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
Frank’s representative cases include:
- In the Matter of the Estate of E.A.R., Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, Case No. 12-E-185. A Minnesota resident and a New Jersey resident brought claims relative to family estates and trusts located in the State of North Carolina. Case successfully settled on behalf of clients for a confidential amount.
- Automobile/Pedestrian Accident Involving G.M. Pedestrian was seriously injured in an accident with an automobile on February 9, 2011. Case involved multiple layers of liability, uninsured motorist coverage, umbrella policies, and multiple subrogation interests. Case successfully settled prior to trial for $900,000.00.
- W.T.B. v. Charles L. Butler, Renville County, Minnesota, Case No. 65-CV-13-228. Represented Claimant in an estate contest and partition action relative to claimant's inheritance. Case successfully settled prior to trial for $1,150,000.
- Lube-Tech Liquid Recycling, Inc. v. Lee's Oil Serv., Meeker County, Minnesota, Case No. 47-CV-13660. Represented Claimant in a case involving breach of contract, illegal competition, and violations of Minnesota Uniform Trade Practices Act and the Minnesota Trade Secrets Act. Case successfully settled during trial for a confidential amount in addition to a covenant not to compete.
- Smart Constr. and Remodeling, Inc. v. Great Lakes Mgmt. Co., Hennepin County, Minnesota, Case No. 27-CV-1024655. Represented defendant in an action brought by contractor for breach of contract and implied contract. Case dismissed following motion for summary judgment.
- North Metro Harness Initiative, LLC v. Minnesota Horseman's Benevolent & Protective Ass'n, Hennepin County, Minnesota, Case No. 27-CV-12-22249; American Arbitration Association Case No. 65-517-00007-13. Represented defendant in a breach of contract claim during litigation in District Court as well as subsequent arbitration. Case successfully settled for $1,250,000.00 in addition to an agreement regarding future simulcasting.